Feeling ‘stuck’ or feeling ‘blockages’ is one of the most frequent reasons clients say they are coming to see a shaman. They may be dealing with a wide range of feelings and situations, including old wounds and traumas, and depression. Alternately, clients may describe their life as a constant storm, everything feeling out of balance and out of control, at times even upside down… Even if you are not feeling those extremes, you may sense that, no matter what you do and how hard you try, things are not flowing in your life as you would like them to or as you think they should.
There are times when the more we force things or try to control, one way or another, the less successful we may be, especially in a period of major planetary alignments affecting Earth. We push so hard to make things work outside ourselves that we forget to tune into ourselves and align with our soul, the divine within us that includes divine timing.
How do we get out of these polarities and reestablish balance? Try alignment. Or rather choose alignment. Regain a sense of alignment again in your body and then, from that place, let things move through you. Let your life experiences on the purely physical plane have resonances with your own innermost being and reality.
How do you do this? Very simply and experientially – I highly recommend getting the conscious mind out of the equation. Here is a meditation to gently guide your whole being to re-align, through your body.
1. Sit or lie down comfortably with your eyes closed. Whichever posture you choose, make sure that you feel comfortable and that nothing is preventing the energy to flow easily through your whole body.
2. Take a few deep breaths, progressively feeling your breath expanding through your whole body. Allow your awareness to be on your breath and gently bring it back to your breath each time you feel that it has gone away or that you are into ‘thinking’.
3. Once you are centered into breathing and you start having a sense of ease and peace, imagine, visualize and feel roots growing at the bottom of your spinal cord, going very deep, giving you energy and helping you feel grounded; this is your root chakra. Take the time to also feel your feet and your legs as part of that connection with the earth as they are the ones carrying you all day long.
4. Then, take the time to follow the energy up through your sexual chakra, your solar plexus, your heart chakra, your throat chakra, your third eye, and your crown chakra at the top of your head. Pause at each chakra, breathing through the area, allowing yourself to see whichever image, color, movement might be associated with it, and allowing yourself to feel/see/imagine it being transformed as you move through the next chakra.
5. Feel the energy and the Light also coming through the top of your head (crown chakra) and going down your body.
6. Continue to follow the energy going up and down your body, maybe pausing in the area that seems more prominent that day or requiring more attention, always remembering that it is connected with other areas in your body. If you wish, you can support your meditation by a simple mantra: “I am now choosing alignment” (or “I am now choosing to align with my Higher Self” or whatever feels right to you).
7. When you feel that the process is complete, take the time to connect with how you feel in your body. Don’t go into any story, really allow yourself to be in the experience. And then open your eyes.
Do this meditation as often as you can, preferably on a daily basis and just watch how you feel and what happens when you make the choice to (re)align yourself over and over.
You start feeling a sense of ease, including physically as you have allowed your energy to rebalance through your different chakras.
Also, as you allow yourself to go more with your intuition and your soul to guide your actions (including their timing), you move with more ease and grace and you hear more deeply where your life is calling you. It becomes easier to accept not knowing and to navigate between the known and the unknown, as you have reconnected with your own inner compass in your own body. You may still have to apply effort and work, but you maintain balance and health while doing so and it becomes easier to let go when things don’t quite work the way your mind had planned them to, at least for now. You might still be at the center of a cyclone but you remain in your center, safe and at peace.
Aligning yourself also raises your vibration, allowing you to be in resonance with the divine and see things falling into place one after another. This comes in part from being more authentic to yourself (your soul) and the world around you.
Then it is impossible to not experience miracles as you are in congruence with the Universe (or the Divine) and are receiving all the help you need. Miracles become your natural state and you are flowing through them as life is flowing through you.
Try it and share your experience…
Béatrice Pouligny | Contemporary Shamanic Healer
April 14, 2014