Support the Deepest Transformations That You Are Looking For
“The world we have created is a product of our thinking; it cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
Neuroscience research is progressively helping us understand how rituals can help dramatically improve immediate individual emotional states and mitigate stress. They also show how they can help reframe experiences in a way that feels meaningful. Click here to discover more about the research-action I am leading with neuroscientist on this topic.
Yet, in many modern societies, we have lost track of what rituals are about. Reintroducing rituals into your life is one of the most powerful thing you can do for yourself. The key is to progressively find what is working for you.
The rituals and practices below are based on decades of experience and the results of the latest research. They all are also easily adaptable to your own needs and lifestyle.
Come back to visit often as I am constantly adding more resources.
The Power and Importance of Daily Rituals
What is the power of rituals?
- Rituals engage the conscious mind, bringing intention into our day; they also engage the intuitive and imaginative right side of our brain, helping reconnect the conscious and the unconscious, keeping open (or re-opening) an essential connection with the highest part of ourselves.
- Rituals help us reconnect with what’s essential for each of us, with our essence.
- Rituals help us be co-creator of our reality.
- Rituals also get some of their power from the repetition: our brains look for routine; it allows bringing some order to the otherwise chaotic nature of life. With repetition, simple gestures create an emotion that becomes part of us.
What type of rituals can you put into place in your daily life?
Taking the time to sit to drink your cup of coffee or tea in the morning, watching nature outside. Lighting a candle or smelling essential oils. Looking at a favorite picture. Listening to one of your favorite music pieces. Reading a short poem. Going through a short yoga routine or maybe some stretching. Meditating for even just 5 or 10 minutes. Taking a few deep breaths.
The possibilities are infinite and, whatever you choose, it does not have to be complicated. Here are just a few key anchors that might help:
- Try to crave a first moment of quietness in your morning, before you get out of the door if your can or when you first enter your office at work, before doing anything else; this will affect your entire day.
- Create an environment that brings a sense of quietness and beauty, even when you are not home; when I travel, I like to bring my favorite crystal and a few tiny stones, a small candle, some wood chip incense to clear the energies of the room… They help me create that safe space that I need to anchor myself.
- Try to activate different senses (essential oil, incense, flowers, taste of your favorite beverage, an inspiring / uplifting picture, words, music, mantra…) as this is what’s going to help anchor the experience in you and allow you to get back to that feeling of centeredness or peace at any moment of the day just by pausing, remembering a word, a feeling in the body, an image, a sound…
- Look for simplicity: daily rituals, in particular, are not supposed to overwhelm an already busy schedule but to allow you to quickly (re)connect in the morning and each time you need it during the day, each time you choose to pause and ask: “What’s happening now? What’s trying to reach to the surface? What do I feel? Why do I feel this way?” or just take a few deep breaths and look for the quietness, maybe a moment of silence.
So what is it for you?
Whatever you decide to start with, be patient with yourself (I know that this one can be tough!). Start slow and modest. At times, introducing very simple and somewhat ‘basic’ daily rituals that are still super helpful on a daily basis is a more flexible and accessible way to proceed without feeling discouraged.
Three Daily Practices to Deeply Anchor and Guide Your Life
A Step-by-Step Process to Rewire Your Brain for Happiness
7 Key Strategies to Protect Yourself from Negative Energy
A Ritual For Clearing Your Body (Ritual With Carnations)